Thursday, March 25, 2010

Better than a poke in the eye . . .

. . with a stick. I could have gone my whole life using that comparison without having actually experienced it. But look a few blogs back to the huge piles of branches piled up in the yard. We were doing just a little bit of cleaning up yesterday after work, and when I tossed a branch it retaliated and swiped a twig in my left eye.

Fortunately, there's no real damage, just enough to be annoying. I didn't know you could bruise an eyeball. And there's a few scratches on the cornea. It's being treated--I'll have the big pupil look for a few days because it needs to be kept dilated. And be a bit on the monocular side for a bit.

For all this I should at least be able to wear an eyepatch and talk pirate. . . .

But in the best Mythbusters tradition, the one has been confirmed: There are indeed a great many things that are better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment