Friday, March 13, 2015

Writing--Woo Hoo!

Meant to write on the 10th--because it was March 10, five years ago, that I did my first blog entry.  I had no idea that I'd keep it up this long.

But "meant to" means it didn't happen.  I have found that out about myself.  If I say I shouldn't do something--I probably will.  If I say that I should do something--then I likely won't.  But at least I've managed to post a few times a month for five years--and I'm sort of impressed with myself.

But today I got an exciting email.  As an avid handspinner, I've written a few articles from time to time that have been published in "Spin Off" magazine (and once in "Handwoven").  Now, to keep a web presence going, Spin Off also has a blog on their website.  Awhile back I sent them an article about how I like to spin while taking my daily (more or less) walk.  They didn't accept it for the magazine, but they do want to publish in the online blog.  That's enough to make me happy (and yes, I do get paid).  And then today I get this from the publisher:

"I’m wondering if you’d be interested in writing for us on an as-needed basis going forward? You wouldn’t be obligated to write a specific number of posts in a certain amount of time; we would give you the option to write something for us with advanced notice. We could assign a topic to you, or you could come up with something on your own"

There's a part of me that's going "they like me, they really like me!"

Heck yes, I'm gonna do it.  Wheee!

[part of this is the wine talking.  Today at the museum I did 3 tours, trained two new handlers, and worked with the hawk.  I was on my feet for 7 hours.  Bob is out with friends tonight, so I made some nice shrimp and scallops in a garlic cream sauce and drank rather a lot of wine.  Maybe I'll respond tomorrow when I know what I'm really saying}

No comments:

Post a Comment