Friday, June 29, 2012

But What About the Ceiling?

A couple of weeks ago I showed pictures of our half-finished ceiling.  Well--it's still half-finished.

Tropical Storm Debby got in the way.  The ceiling panels were down in my cottage, and exposing paint and plywood to the pouring down rain to try to get them to the house did not seem like a wise idea.  I also needed to finish painting the trim pieces.  As those are 10 feet long--and my workroom is about 10 feet across, I really can't do this inside.  I thought about setting up in the barn, but I decided that accidently getting copper paint on Bob's precious jeep might cause some marital discord.

But the storm has passed, the weather is clear, and the trim is painted--so the ceiling is back on the schedule.

In the meantime, I did get a quick project done.  In October there will be an alpaca show in town, and the local spinning/weaving guild is going to have a booth for sales and demos.  I usually don't sell my handspun yarn (it takes too long to make it) but I thought I might do a few skeins, and of course would have to have something knitted up to show it off.  I had spun up some black, white, and gray yarn and picked out a simple scarf pattern.  About that time, we got a call that Mom was sick and had to go to the ER.  I'm not good at waiting (that's a serious understatement) so I snagged the knitting bag on the way out.

The scarf is in garter stitch--I don't particularly like garter, but you don't have to think about it, and you don't really even need to look at it.  It's like twiddling your thumbs.  So now Mom is back home, starting to feel better, and I have a new scarf.  At least it's mine for a little while--I have a feeling that Mom may lay claim to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment