Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Big Brother, Little Brother

Have to continue to indulge in being a proud great-aunt.  Here's Dane with his new little brother Zeke.

Even though Dane had ordered a little sister, I think he'll do just fine with a brother.  He'd better be satisfied--I don't think we'll talk Amanda into doing this again!


Keeping up with my reading list--recently read:
"Hallucinations" by Oliver Sacks.  Sacks is a neurologist with an easy-to-read writing style.  While he usually writes on neurology, I noticed that he had also written a "Oaxaca Journal" about his trip to that lovely Mexican state. Because of my own fondness for Oaxaca I read that one as well.
"Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen.  Funny snarky parody of the romance novels of Austen's time.
"The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"   One of those classics that I had never read (or even seen the movie even though I'm I big Maggie Smith fan.  Heard it mentioned on NPR and decided to read it.  It's a hard book to categorize--almost the opposite of a coming-of-age story.

That puts me between books at the moment (I caught a cold this weekend so finished Jean Brodie faster than intended).  Back to Project Gutenberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment