Sunday, July 22, 2012

Done!

Ceiling is finished!  Well--that means that the ceiling itself is finished.  We still need to put away tarps, caulk guns, nail gun, compressor, ladders . . .  At least I already sealed and put away the paint cans and paint rollers.

Here's the view from lying in bed:

There's been an expected and pleasant side effect to this--it's helped my insomnia.  I have a tendency to the 3:00 a.m. wakeup and then worry about whatever there is in my life to worry about (which may be something that's been resolved for a few decades--3:00 a.m. is not a logical time).    But there's enough light from the fish tank to bounce off the ceiling--and I admire how pretty it is and then drift back off to sleep.

It's Sunday, and The Day Of Rest, and much as I'd like to just lie in bed and admire the ceiling, the fact is that the garden has not died off completely yet.  Fresh tomatoes are ephemeral--so what we can't eat in the next few days are going to be turned into sauce today.

No comments:

Post a Comment